Supplemental Accident Benefit
Accidents happen. Injuries can happen any time and hurt your budget. An open-arm fracture can result in a hospital stay, surgery, and physical therapy. All for a total cost of more than $60,000!²
Higher Deductibles Don’t Have to be Scary!
You may choose an optional Supplemental Accident benefit to reduce your expenses for injuries. Add it to a Short Term MedicalSM plan to enhance your coverage.¹
- Choose a maximum benefit amount: $1,000, $1,500, $2,500, $5,000, or $10,000, per accident, per covered person.
- Helps cover your deductible or other medical expenses before insurance starts.
- Expenses must be eligible for payment with your health insurance and happen within 90 days of an injury.
- Any amount paid by the benefit will first go to the deductible and coinsurance of your insurance.
- Any remaining payment will be made to your hospital. If you have already paid your medical bill, you will get the payment.
|Savings Examples – Supplemental Accident Benefit|
|Short Term Medical℠ Copay plan only||Short Term Medical℠ Copay plan with up to
|Short Term Medical℠ Copay plan with up to
|Health Plan deductible||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Coinsurance Maximum (70/30 to $10,000) for
open-arm fracture costing $60,000²
|Supplemental Accident Benefit
|What you could pay:||$15,000||-$12,500||-$10,000|
|Additional monthly Supplemental Accident premium for a single person||N/A||$24||$30|
|Additional monthly Supplemental Accident premium for a family||N/A||$48||$60|