Major Medical Insurance
Shopping for health insurance is not the same as shopping for milk at the grocery store. Most people have never needed to find individual health insurance on their own. The search can seem overwhelming, but we are here to help. In fact, if you are curious just to see the different premiums and plans we offer in your area, it’s easy as 1-2-3!
Get a Major Medical insurance quote today! Easy as 1-2-3:
- Enter your age and gender
- Enter your ZIP Code
- Browse through our quotes and plan selections
Ready to go further? Here’s an overview of the UnitedHealthOneSM application process:
Basic coverage (i.e., for hospital stays and outpatient surgery) with no fuss and lower monthly payments
Lower out-of-pocket costs
Copay for frequent doctor office visits (great for young families)
Prescription drug coverage
Copay Prescription benefits
Tax-deductible savings that can be used to pay medical expenses
Just need insurance to get through less than a year
Checklist before applying for Major Medical Insurance for yourself, dependent(s), and spouse. Click on the magnifying glasses to find helpful hints.
Name(s) of prescription medication(s) Prescription medication dosage(s)
Sample Questions When Applying for Major Medical Insurance1
- Has any applicant smoked cigarettes or used tobacco in any form (including smokeless tobacco) or nicotine substitute within the past 12 months?
- In the last 24 months, has any applicant participated in driving any type of motorcycle?
- Has any applicant had or been advised to have: (a) any testing (other than routine testing, such as pap or mammogram); or (b) any treatment, which has not yet been completed?
- In the last 6 months, has any applicant taken, or been advised to take, medication or received medical advice or treatment of any kind?
- In the last 5 years, has any applicant used an illegal drug; had any diagnosis or treatment of an alcohol or drug dependency, problem, or abuse; been advised to reduce alcohol intake; or had any alcohol- or drug-related moving violation, arrest, or driver’s license suspension?
- Are you, or is any family member (whether or not named), pregnant or an expectant mother or father, or in the process of surrogate pregnancy, or do you or any family member have an adoption pending?
- In the last 12 months, has any applicant experienced a weight gain or loss of 15 pounds or more?
- Had any applicant had a medical diagnosis or treatment of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or any HIV-related disease or illness, or tested positive for antibodies to the HIV virus?
- Has any applicant had any abnormal physical exam, X-ray, EKG, MRI, CT scan, or any adverse or abnormal laboratory or other test results?
- Has any applicant been confined in a hospital for anything other than childbirth?
There you have it. That’s the process. Three simple steps. Get a quote today!
1 Questions vary, and the ones you see may be different both in number and text. For costs, benefits, exclusions, limitations, eligibility, and renewal terms, call a licensed Product Advisor to discuss your health insurance options at (800) 444-8990.