Health Savings Accounts
Take Control of Your Health Care Expenses With an HSA
Our Health Savings Account (HSA) plans combine lower-cost, high deductible health insurance with a tax-advantaged health savings account.
Do you want more control over how your health care dollars are spent?
Health Savings Account (HSA) plans can help you take control of your health, your medical decisions, and your medical spending. An HSA can increase your health insurance buying power by:
- Typically lowering your health insurance premium, but still providing quality coverage.
- Regaining more control of your health care dollars.
- Paying your out-of-pocket health care expenses with tax-advantaged savings.
- Spending your HSA savings tax-free to help pay your health insurance deductible or for qualified medical expenses including prescriptions, vision or dental care through reimbursements from your account.
- Providing one simple, calendar-year deductible per family.
An HSA acts similar to the flexible spending accounts many have with their employer provided health plans or group plans as many call it, except the money is yours to keep. There is no “use it or lose it” feature. Use HSA funds on a variety of qualified expenses.
HSA 70SM is our most affordable HSA plan:1
- Higher out-of-pocket costs and lower premiums.
- Deductibles range from $1,250 to $5,000 for individuals and $2,500 to $10,000 for families.
- 30% coinsurance after you meet your calendar-year deductible.
- You pay 30% for an in-network doctor office visit after you meet your deductible.
HSA 100® is our most comprehensive HSA plan:
- Lower out-of-pocket costs and higher premiums.
- Deductibles range from $2,500 to $5,000 for individuals and $5,000 to $10,000 for families.
- You pay $0 for covered expenses after you meet your calendar-year deductible.
- Preferred price card for brand, generic and non-preferred brand prescriptions, with no charge after your deductible.
- You pay $0 for an in-network doctor office visit after you meet your deductible.
- Visit the HSA Center for general consumer information and FAQ on HSAs.
- Visit our HSA Information Center for details on UnitedHealthOneSM HSAs.
- HSA Calculator – Take time to figure out your savings with an HSA instead of your plan you have now.
We also offer other health insurance plans with a variety of coverage at competitive prices.