What Is Included in Preventive Care?
UnitedHealthOneSM plans cover preventive care. You’ll have no out-of-pocket expenses or deductibles to meet for routine in-network checkups, pap smears, flu shots and more. It’s easier to stay healthy with regular preventive care.1
Preventive care includes:
- Routine vaccines for diseases
- Flu and pneumonia shots
- Routine physical exams, including well-baby and well-child doctor visits
- Screening for high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes
- Screening for detection of breast and other cancers through mammogram, pap smear, prostate cancer screening and colorectal screening
You don’t need to meet your deductible before any of these benefits are covered. Nor do they require coinsurance or copayments as long as these services are provided by an in-network doctor.
Preventive health services must be appropriate for the covered person and follow these recommendations and guidelines:
- In general – those of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force that have an A or B rating;
- For immunizations – those of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
- For preventive care and screenings for infants, children and adolescents – those of the Health Resources and Services Administration; and
- For preventive care and screenings for women – those of the Health Resources and Services Administration that are not included in section (A).
As new recommendations and guidelines are issued, those services will be considered covered expenses when required by the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services, but not earlier than one year after the recommendation or guideline is issued.