Watch our video and learn about the history of
Golden Rule Insurance Company.
Not intended for use in Georgia.
UnitedHealthOneSM products are primarily underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, which was purchased by UnitedHealthcare in 2003. UnitedHealthOneSM is the brand name used for products offered by the companies of the individual insurance side of UnitedHealthcare.
UnitedHealthcare’s Golden Rule Insurance Company
As a health insurance industry leader, UnitedHealthcare’s Golden Rule has been an innovator of quality health insurance products for individuals and families for more than 65 years. In 2003, Golden Rule became a UnitedHealthcare company, a proud member of the UnitedHealth Group family. Today, under the UnitedHealthOneSM brand, Golden Rule and its affiliated companies offer health plans to individuals and families who buy their own coverage in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Compare Health Insurance Plans – Experience and Expertise
Our focus on providing quality health insurance to individuals and families has led to many innovations. In 1993, we pioneered the first Medical Savings Account (MSA), and today are a market leader in Health Savings Account plans (HSAs), which combine lower-cost, high deductible health insurance with a tax-advantaged savings account. Our wide range of health insurance plans also includes other high deductible plans as well as more traditional copay plans. » Compare plans – get a health insurance quote.
A 21st Century Company – Values Consistent in Name and Heritage
- We respect and value all people and points of view. We deal with people in the way we wish people to deal with us. This requires us to know ourselves and to try to understand others.
- Honesty is the foundation of our organization. We strive for transparency in our reporting and regulatory relationships. We encourage disclosure of bad news and welcome dissenting points of view.
- We deliver solutions that improve the health and well-being of individuals. We derive our greatest satisfaction from improving people’s lives.
- We strive to communicate our objectives and goals clearly and create ways to measure our progress toward these goals.
- We find ways to meet and exceed the highest expectations of our customers, shareholders, and community. We use scientific business methods to drive and sustain improvements and lower costs.
You Can Depend On Us
Golden Rule is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, and “A+” (Strong) by Standard & Poor’s. These worldwide independent organizations examine insurance companies and other businesses, and publish their opinions about them. These ratings are an indication of our financial strength and stability.
UnitedHealthcare provides a full spectrum of consumer-oriented health benefit plans and services to individuals, public sector employers, and businesses of all sizes, including more than half of the Fortune 100 companies. The company organizes access to quality health care services on behalf of more than 26 million individual consumers today, contracting directly with more than 754,000 physicians and care professionals and 5,400 hospitals to offer them broad, convenient access to services nationwide.1 UnitedHealthcare is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company.2